Saturday, January 28, 2012

I AM BACK FROM PARIS AND FEELING PATRIOTIC

If you follow me on Twitter @CameronDecades you will have had first dibs on photos from the Haute Couture shows and presentations of Giorgio Armani (not my fav), Jean Paul Gaultier (looked better when we went to visit the Atelier in person), Versace (very Gianni), Valentino (chic and mature), Valli (who actually buys it?), Dior (too vintage), Mabille (great day looks), and Givenchy (kind of amazing!), among others. My photos and bon mots had my hand working overtime and I hope you all enjoyed my observations from Couture. It's good to be home and as much as I adore Paris high fashion, I still love a good ol' American point of view on style, too. This Bill Blass ombre chiffon evening gown has a knife pleated goddess bust and attached scarf that reminds me of some of the Madame Gres gowns we have received at Decades in her signature jersey. Blass makes the gown so light and the colors are like a Malibu sunset. Perfection. Seasonless. Fabulous with flats. Heaven with heels. Jeweled or just accessorized by tawny skin, this is Blass at his best. Not as an American in Paris, but as an American made in America, too.
-Cameron




Bill Blass ombre chiffon goddess gown, c. early 1980s. Generous size 4 SOLD
For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.