Saturday, September 02, 2006

A European Moment

Greetings from London! As I sadly left the Frock Me! Vintage show at the Chelsea Town Hall empty handed this morning I am in a somber mood. However to lighten the atmosphere I have three pieces that I think are worth getting excited over, and inspire me in a London way! Except maybe the Leonard.

Our dear friends Ossie Clark and Celia Birtwell collaborated again, he on design and she on textile, to produce this late 60s, Cossack inspired blouse. The pattern on the blouse are stars and stripes and the sheerness of the fabric adds a touch of sex appeal to this cunning creation. SOLD

This Leonard silk jersey dress is my favorite dress today. Dated to the 70s with a round neckline and bell sleeves, the tunic shape is extremely relevant in current fashion as it was in the 70s. Paired with a pair of black tights and red ballet flats this dress is great for a night out or a day at the office. The floral design is powerful and feminine but not over-powering which is important. You can make a statement with out becoming one. SOLD


Did I just hear a cat-whistle? This Vicky Tiel is smoking hot. Made in clean white jersey and dated to the 70s, the Marilyn inspired halter top has impeccable drapery and a particular va-va-voom factor for perfect cleavage. Let's not beat about the bush now. The skirt is not the original and was replaced by the original owner and then shortened, but I am happy to say maintains the style of the dress without jeopardizing the style. SOLD

No comments: