Tuesday, February 01, 2011

WE'VE MISSED MISSONI

I have always loved Missoni. I can remember buying sweaters on sale at Neiman's in the late 80s (I was precocious and must have thought I was a Huxtable). When I opened Decades in 1997, I started searching for early Missoni pieces like space-dye vests and pullovers. They never go out of style and always look cool. As I learned more about Missoni's rich design history, I became familiar with the more unusual prints, fabrications, and styles that are part of the DNA of this legendary brand.

With a base of red jersey printed with an Asian-inspired floral and bird motif, this is Missoni at its most dramatic and remains one of my favorite designs by the House. Incorporating an attached shawl with degrade fringe that functions like a cape, the body of the dress is quite fitted and ultimately very sexy. There is a sash belt that can be tied around the waist or tied at the back which helps highlight your shape.

Totally luxe and totally unusual, this is the insider's Missoni.
-Cameron (the wanna-be Cosby!)



Missoni silk jersey red jersey fringe trim cape gown with floral and bird motif, c. early 1970s. Modern size 4 SOLD
For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.