Saturday, March 30, 2013

FLOWERS BY ADOLFO

Easter Sunday I always do brunch with my parents.   The other thing I always do is transfer my closet from fall to spring.  It seems rather absurd to do considering I am an Angelino who really doesn’t have to deal with a hearty winter, but I still enjoy the tradition and thankfully I travel a lot so there are opportunities to wear the triple-ply cashmere, fur lined boots, and cornucopia of coats when I head east during the fall and winter.  However, I am sure the crocuses are ready to reveal their gorgeous irises so soon enough flowers will be filling your gardens and why not adorn yourself in flowers by Adolfo?  Adolfo may be best known for his Chanel inspired ready-to-wear that he started in 1962  (after being an apprentice to Balenciaga and conquering success as a milliner), but decades of design proves that he did much more than a boucle suit.  This late 1970s silk dress is the perfect elegant spring evening dress that is ideal for weddings or a chic garden party.  You could even wear it tomorrow, but I would hate to see someone hunting for eggs in Adolfo.  Black silk crepe with a print of white and red roses on an incredibly figure flattering silhouette (always love a good V-seam) is a guarantee that YOU will be receiving your bouquet of roses.
-Cameron



Adolfo floral strapless silk crepe dress, c. 1970's. Modern size 4. SOLD

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.