Wednesday, May 09, 2012

BEST IN SHOW

I'm kvelling. While scrolling through the Met Gala photos on style.com, I came across this lil' beauty and in the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die(d)." I mean, the chicness just kills me.

Let's discuss. In my humble opinion, there were lots of chic designer/doyenne pairs on the carpet: Joan Smalls and Olivier Rousteing, Ricardo Tisci and Rooney Mara, Chanel Iman and Tom Ford, Stella McCartney and M.I.A, need I go on.

But I have to say, my favorite dazzling duo were Nicole Miller and our very own Cameron Silver. Of course, Nicole looked flawless, the dress, the jewels, the hair, the make-up - all perfection. And it must be noted that the designer was matched perfectly by Cameron Silver, who wore a custom suit in a Nicole Miller print from 1986 and a vintage Schiaparelli walking stick with attached handbag. The bag itself, in true Schiaparelli fashion, took the form of, a sea creature. Talk about getting carried away. In the best possible way.

Take that "IT BAG", what ever carryall you may be this season.The award for best accessory has been won. There was never a competition though. Vintage Schiaparelli can't be beat.

--Lizzy