Saturday, August 04, 2012

SUNNY

I have had that annoying summer cold thing that's going around so I took two days off and when I returned today, I couldn't get over how many amazing things have come in the store.  I only wish I could type as fast as a vamp and I could blog everything!  Alas, I am going to follow the sun and blog this Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche golden ensemble of mixed stroke pattern blouse and skirt.  This is the quintessential version of my fantasy Provençal style.  Worn with an oversized straw hat and espadrilles with a large burlap bag.  With piled on vintage jewels found at l'Isle sur la Sorgue, I hope you might share my summer fantasy.  In reality, the Peter Pan spread colored top would be perfect with white Capri pants or short-shorts.  The skirt so chic with a bandeau top or Alaia bra and a vintage denim jacket.  We all can't pretend we are talking our summer in Lacoste learning to paint (I got to do this for two consecutive summers, but did not wear vintage YSL, sad face)!  The top has a golden wave pattern; whereas, the skirt is a brush stroke palm leaf pattern.  If you are learning how to paint, you can replicate the print on paper after you trip to Provence.
-Cameron






Yves Saint Laurent YSL  Rive Gauche two piece yellow-orange  print ensemble, c. 1980s.  Blouse size marked 38, modern size 6. Skirt size marked 40, modern size 6

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.