Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flower-Gathering

This refreshingly simple and elegant dress was made by an anonymous designer in the 1930's. The material is a fine black wool crepe accented with red, white, green, and gold sequins in a floral pattern. The neckline, cuffs and hem are lined with a scalloped wave design that evokes a very Deco feeling.

This dress reminded me of a poem by Robert Frost that has been posted below for your reading pleasure.
*Daniel*
I LEFT you in the morning,
And in the morning glow,
You walked a way beside me
To make me sad to go.
Do you know me in the gloaming,
Gaunt and dusty gray with roaming?
Are you dumb because you know me not,
Or dumb because you know?
All for me And not a question
For the faded flowers gay
That could take me from beside you
For the ages of a day?
They are yours, and be the measure
Of their worth for you to treasure,
The measure of the little while
That I've been long away.
-Robert Frost





Anonymous black crepe wool with floral sequin deco-esque design, c.30's. Contemporary size4-small 6. SOLD
For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.