Thursday, January 06, 2011

MAD ABOUT THE HARDWARE

If you know me, you know I love Hermes, especially vintage out-of-production pieces. I have collected a slew of vintage Hermes luggage and table art pieces over the last three decades. I am particularly drawn to the amazing hardware that Hermes has always innovated and so many have copied. From the Gucci suede coat post, you know I also am also gaga for green, so give me a vintage Hermes green leather out-of-production top handle bag with the coolest cylinder closure and I am in Hermes Heaven! I guess my version of Heaven is 24 Rue Faubourg Saint-Honore?
-Cameron



Hermes green leather slide cylinder mechanism top handle bag, c. late 1950s/early 1960s. 10 x 6 1/2 x 1 (gusset expands) SOLD
For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-0223. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 1/2 Melrose Avenue (2nd Floor) at Harper Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing. For email requests, kindly include your full name and phone number plus City, State, and Country from which you are contacting, so may offer you a high level of personal service.